We have a special interest in
at very affordable prices.
Dental implants are a fixed solution to missing teeth. The finished result is natural and long-lasting, and feels just like a normal tooth. While there are other procedures to replace missing teeth, dental implants can create a smile that is very natural and extremely durable.
Many patients have reported that Implant surgery is more comfortable than tooth extractions. It has also been reported by many patients that post-op pain from dental implant surgery is less than extraction post-op pain.
Visit us today for a free consultation.
Our Core Values Defines Our Work
What Our Clients Say
What is a dental implant procedure?
that you can easily remove, dental implants are placed in the jawbone in a series of minor operations.
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is a piece of titanium or other materials that looks like a screw. It is put into the jaw where the missing tooth’s roots were. Over time, bone grows around the implant, which helps to hold it in place.
An artificial tooth, or crown, is then attached to the metal to fill in the gap left by the missing tooth. The crown is specially made to look like the other teeth in size, shape and colour.
Dental implants can also be used to hold a dental bridge or dentures in place.
When might a dental implant be needed?
- have a fully grown, healthy jawbone
- don’t have gum disease
- don’t have conditions that affect bone healing
Your dentist will discuss with you whether a dental implant procedure is suitable for you.
What happens during a dental implant procedure?
- First, scans and x-rays are done to give the dentist a very clear picture of where to place the implant.
- The dental implant is fitted into the jawbone in a minor operation. You will usually be given an anaesthetic so that you don’t feel pain during the surgery.
- In a few months, the bone grows around the dental implant.
- Once the implant is stable, the dentist will create a foundation for the new tooth or teeth.
- Sometime later, the dentist will take a mould of the mouth to make the artificial tooth or teeth.
- Finally, the artificial tooth or teeth are screwed or cemented into the foundation.
What to expect after a dental implant
After any of the minor operations, you might have bruising, pain and swelling of the gums and face. You may also have some bleeding from the gums.You might need to eat soft foods after each surgery to let the dental implant site heal.
No special care is required for a dental implant. You will probably be advised to keep your natural and artificial teeth clean by brushing and flossing, and have regular dental check-ups.